The 8(a) Streamlined Technology Application Resource for Services (STARS) II Government wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC) – “8(a) STARS II”, a/k/a “STARS II”, is a Multiple Award (MA), Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) contract to provide information technology (IT) services and IT services-based solutions which may include the integration of ancillary support which is necessary and integral to the IT services being acquired. STARS II is reserved for qualifying Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a) prime contractors with competitive prices.
Base Period of Performance commenced on August 31, 2011 and runs through August 30, 2016.
There is a regulatory order of precedence for contract types which prioritizes fixed price work over all other contract types, applied to STARS II’s eligible Order types below:
1) Fixed Price (FAR 16.2)
2) Time-and-Materials (T&M) or Labor-Hour L-H (FAR 16.6)
Supported functional areas include:
- FA1-NAICS:541511 – Custom Computer Programming Services
- FA2-NAICS:541512 – Computer Systems Design Services
- FA3-NAICS:541513 – Computer Facilities Management Services
- FA4-NAICS:541519 – Other Computer Related Services
8(a) STARS II features:
- Multiple award, indefinite delivery indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle
- Five-year base with one five-year option
- $10 billion program ceiling
- Directed Order Authority: Directed task orders up to $4 million each are allowed for federal civilian and Department of Defense activities*
8(a) STARS II benefits
- 8(a) socioeconomic credit transferrable to the agency
- Pre-competed, easy to use contracts
- Access to proven 8(a) small business technology providers
- Shortened procurement lead time
- A low user access fee (0.75 percent) built into contractor’s ceiling prices
* Orders over $4 million are competed amongst the industry partners in the chosen constellation and functional area.
The 8(a) STARS II Contract and Ordering Guide can be found here:http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/209173.