The USAF Network-Centric Solutions-2 (NETCENTS-2) ID/IQ vehicle is a broad, $960M procurement program for a range of network-centric supplies and services including hardware and software for networking and various engineering, software development, system integration, security, and telephony services.
The NETCENTS-2 Application Services Full and Open contract provides the USAF with sustainment, migration, COTS integration, training, Help Desk, testing, netcentric data services, mobile applications, and operational support. It procures application services to mission areas overseen by USAF and DoD Portfolio Managers, Communities of Interest (COIs), Project Offices, and Program Offices. Additional in scope services include exposing data from Authoritative Data Sources (ADS’) to support web-services or SOA constructs in USAF enterprise environments. NETCENTS-2 will enhance the warfighter’s ability to obtain innovative cradle to grave application support across the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Supported Functional Areas
System sustainment activities include maintaining existing legacy systems and environments in accordance with disciplined engineering practices. Requirements and configuration management are provided to sustain applications, databases, and interfaces that are compliant with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and DoDI 8500.2, Information Assurance Implementation or Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503.
Systems Development, Migration, and Integration
Systems Development, Migration, and Integration includes software development, software security, web services development, web services testing, smart phone, and other IT devices, applications, and testing. Additionally, it includes security layer integration, database clean-up, data wrapping, and data conversion. Integration support services to migrate legacy systems to an Enterprise Resource Planning System (ERP) or existing standard infrastructures.
Application and content presentation services that identify and exploit existing services, create new SOA applications and data services, or expose information assets for discovery in the Metadata Environment for Communities of Interest is a key offering. Specific functional tasks include:
- SOA Applications and Data Services
- Aggregation Services
- Presentation Services
- Information Assets for Exposure
- Registering Services
- Web Services
- Service Lifecycle Management
- Vocabulary Management
- Register Vocabularies
- Data Stores
- Information Exposure Services
Systems Operations support includes database administration, systems administration, performance monitoring and tuning, customer training, and Help Desk support in support of legacy and new applications and systems.
NETCENTS-2 Features and Benefits
- Provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of industry partners that have been carefully vetted ensuring strong industry capabilities and credentials such as ARRAY’s CMMI ML3 appraisal.
- With a $960M program ceiling and a base term of 3 years, plus four 1-year options; NETCENTS-2 allows for strategic long-term planning of customer applications and their legacy application sustainment needs.
- Features fixed-price, cost-reimbursement, labor-hour, and time-and-materials task order types, providing a wide range of flexible payment structures.
- USAF Mandatory Use Policy ensures adherence to AFMAN 33-153 and AFMAN 63-113, as well as long term consistency with the USAF Enterprise Architecture.
- Available to all USAF organizations as well as other DoD and other Federal agencies as long as:
- the work is related to requirements for interoperability with USAF capabilities;
- supports USAF IT infrastructure, applications, or operations;
- supports host-tenant arrangements involving USAF units; or
- supports joint operations or solutions.
- Single governance structure controls acquisitions ensuring adherence to DoD standards, thus reducing risks in the areas of reliability, maintainability, interoperability, security, information assurance, and systems engineering.